by S. Jansma
Ingredients you will need
- 1/4 cup salted butter softened
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup buttermilk room temperature
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- First, line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Then, preheat an oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to cream the butter, vegetable oil, and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add in buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla extract; then, beat until all of the liquid ingredients are combined.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix until everything is combined. Be sure to scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to get all of the ingredients completely mixed.
- Fill each cupcake liner half full. Bake at 350 for 14 to 18 minutes or until you can place a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Remove cupcakes from pan and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before frosting with your favorite frosting.